- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Chassis||Dorwinion Royal Fox|
|Armor||StarGuard Nightshroud Stealth Armor with CASE|
|Engine||Model 42b 300 XXL|
|Communications System||Lynx-Shur 7 with Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Federated Hunter Mk. XII|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double Heat Sinks|
|Speed||86 km/h (108 km/h with MASC)|
Introduced to service in 3133 from the Achernar BattleMechs plant on New Avalon, the Vulpes was intended from the outset to be a heavy but fast attack BattleMech, and was quickly adopted by the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns. Mixing Clantech with advanced Inner Sphere technology, the Vulpes used a standard chassis, cockpit and gyro, but mounted a very advanced Clantech Model 42b 300 XXL engine, capable of pushing the Vulpes to high speeds; adding to this was a MASC system, allowing the sixty-ton 'Mech to travel at more than one hundred kilometers an hour. Despite the relatively high speed of the Vulpes for a 'Mech of its weight, the Vulpes was actually intended to attack at range - where the twelve and a half tons of StarGuard Nightshroud Stealth Armor and Guardian ECM Suite could hide the 'Mech from return fire.
Weapons and Equipment
Mounting a Clantech ExoStar Pinnacle Extended Range Large Laser in each arm and a Mydron Tornado Rotary Class 5 Autocannon in the right torso, the Vulpes combines excellent range with battlefield longevity, with two tons of ammunition for the autocannon stored deep in the left torso, protected by CASE. It is also equiped with a Guardian ECM Suite.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 42, "VLP-1D Vulpes"
- online date for the Vulpes
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 206