- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Author|| Herbert A. Beas|
Dayle A. Dermatis
Dan C. Duval
Jason M. Hardy
Steve Mohan Jr.
Phaedra M. Weldon
|Development||Jason Schmetzer (editor)|
|Cover artwork||Mark Molnar|
|Interior artwork|| Doug Chaffee|
Bradley K. McDevitt
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published|| 11 June 2012 (epub)|
12 September 2012 (print)
|Era|| Star League era|
Succession Wars era
Clan Invasion era
Civil War era
|Series||BattleCorps print anthologies|
|Preceded by||First Strike|
|Followed by||Fire for Effect|
Weapons Free (subtitle: BattleCorps Anthology Volume 3) is a print anthology of 15 short stories previously published via BattleCorps plus one previously unpublished story (Making a Name), with an introduction ("Foreward") by Jason Schmetzer and a brief "About the authors" section in the back.
The cover depicts a battle scene from the story The Bitter Taste of Hope (Mark Castor's Banshee at the Swing Circle spaceport battle on New Port Royal, with Tracy Malfont's Quickdraw finishing off an enemy Spider in the background.)
From the back cover
A man scrabbles to find the BattleMech that will make his fortune. A deadly tank gunner ponders the cost of his calling. An iconic battalion fights its last battle. And in the Deep Periphery, desperate stirrings of horrible weapons breed rumor and betrayal...
Sixteen stories of combat, honor, betrayal and death fill the pages of Weapons Free: BattleCorps Anthology Volume 3. This diverse collection, drawn from the fiction published on BattleCorps.com in 2006, presents the edgy and violent fiction BattleCorps readers are used to, including a never-before-seen tale of Zeta Battalion.
Savvy readers will recognize now-familiar names in BattleTech lore among the authors: Steven Mohan, Jr., Kevin Killiany, Phaedra Weldon, Jason Schmetzer, Ben Rome and Herbert Beas. These writers have shaped the direction of the BattleTech universe; in 2006, with these stories, they were exploring the freedom they'd earned to do just that.
- Cockroaches (Jason M. Hardy)
- The Unkindest Cut of All (Phaedra M. Weldon)
- Growing Up (Herbert A. Beas II)
- Sniper (Jason Schmetzer)
- Biendieu (Annie Reed)
- When the Bears Left (Dan C. Duval)
- Theseus Knot (Colin Donnelly & David McCulloch)
- The Gulf of Reason (Jason Schmetzer)
- The Bitter Taste of Hope (Steven Mohan Jr.)
- Pledges of Allegiance (Dayle A. Dermatis)
- Making a Name (Jason Schmetzer)
- The Last Day of Zeta (Jason Schmetzer)
- Eye of the Beholder (Ben Rome)
- A Guy Walks Into A Bar... (Jeff Kautz)
- Blitzernte (Kevin Killiany)
- A Distant Thunder (Phaedra M. Weldon)