- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Winston Combat Vehicle|
|Manufacturer||Pandora 'Mech Works|
|Mission||Multi-Purpose Combat Vehicle|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armor||AmberStar Weave Heavy Ferro w/CASE|
|Engine||Pitban Light 210 Fusion|
|Communications System||COMTEC 400E|
|Targeting Tracking System||GroundTracker EE-4|
The Winston Combat Vehicle was a Republic of the Sphere frontline combat vehicle that began production in 3085. The vehicle was designed by Pandora 'Mech Works of Terra, part of that company's effort to produce a new line of products. The company wanted to produce a vehicle that was not associated with the Word of Blake, such as its ancient Puma Tank. Originally named the Stone Main Battle Tank, the vehicle's production was nearly aborted due to Devlin Stone not wanting a vehicle named after him.
The vehicle was intended to be able to handle a variety of combat situations, and for this reason it was equipped with 14.5 tons of Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor to provide sufficient protection for many different circumstances.
Weapons and Equipment
The Winston is a fire support type tank which generally uses its long range weaponry to hit its opponent. The vehicle's principle long range weapons include a pair of turret mounted 15-tubed Long Range Missile Launchers and pair of Light PPCs. The Light PPCs are guided by a Targeting Computer mounted in the hull of the tank. In close combat, the vehicle must rely on its front mounted 6-tubed Streak Short Range Missile Launcher. The LRMs have been allotted 3 tons of ammunition to allow for sustain fire, while SRM has only a ton. The vehicle also features an Anti-Missile System to protect from inbound missile fire. The ammunition bay equipped with CASE protection to prevent the vehicle from being completed destroyed from ammunition explosion.
- Produced as an alternative design to, perhaps, act as a companion to the original version of the Winston developed in 3086. The LAC variant exchanges the Light PPCs for a pair of Light Autocannons, while the LRMs are swapped for a pair of seven-tubed Multi-Missile Launchers. BV (2.0) = 1,314
- Introduced in 3107 this Winston variant carries the Targeting Computer and AMS of the original, but removes one of the Light PPCs. The two LRM-15s are replaced by Clan-built LRM-20s. A pair of SRM-4 launchers covers the front arc, and TAG is mounted in the turret to call in artillery strikes. Also present is an Angel ECM Suite to disrupt enemy electronics systems. BV (2.0) = 1,830
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 40-41, "Winston Combat Vehicle"
- MUL online date for the Winston
- MUL online date for the Winston Combat Vehicle (LAC) variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 57
- MUL online date for the Winston Combat Vehicle (Support) variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 61
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 62
- MUL online date for the Winston Combat Vehicle (TSEMP) variant