|Manufacturer||Hollis Industries, Norse-Storm Technologies Incorporated|
|Chassis||Hollis XNT Mark V|
|Communications System||HartfordCo Com 2500|
|Targeting Tracking System||HartfordCo XKX 2|
The Xanthos was first introduced by the Capellan Confederation in 2564, designed by a young engineer named Dr. David Harrison. Working for Hollis Inc., he pioneered the technology to create four-legged BattleMechs. This technological advancement that later allowed the research into the Scorpion and Goliath enabled the Xanthos to get on the field. It was presented to the Terran Hegemony for review after the cancellation of the Catapult. Hollis pushed to have this 'Mech presented against Dr. Harrison's wishes in a bid to maintain financial solvency. Clumsy and stiff, the 'Mech failed to win the contract from the Star League purchasing committee.
Weapons and Equipment
A GE508 Autocannon/20 with three tons of ammunition provides substantial close hitting power. It is backed up with three Martell Medium Lasers, a six-tube Holly Short Range Missile Pack, and a rear-firing small laser. A PPC rounds out this design's weaponry, giving it some range.
When originally sold, most of XNT-3Os were purchased by House Liao. While it performed fairly well on the field, shipment delays canceled its initial procurement. The design became extinct by the time of the Second Succession War.
- An early, primitive prototype introduced in 2564, the 2O used Age of War technology. In particular, the engine, cockpit and armor were all primitive technology. It could reach a top speed of 54 km/h and was protected by fifteen tons of primitive armor. Eighteen single heat sinks dissipated the heat produced by an Autocanon/10, SRM-4, Large Laser, and two medium and Small Lasers. BV (2.0) = 1,300
- The 4O is a Jihad-era variant, introduced in 3068, equipped with a Compact Engine and Heavy-Duty Gyro. The 'Mech has a Heavy PPC and two Light PPCs. The lasers were upgraded with extended range technology. All of the other weapons were removed. The chassis is now covered with a full complement of Stealth Armor. It also contains enough jump jets to vault up to ninety meters at a time. BV (2.0) = 2,548
- The proposed variant for Xanthos, which was on the drawing board as of 3075. To save weight it utilizes an Endo Steel frame and Light Ferro-Fibrous armor, though a Compact Gyro is used to make a little extra room. Improved Jump Jets enable it to leap up to one hundred fifty meters in a single bound. It is armed with one ER PPC, five Medium Pulse Lasers, and a rear-mounted ER Small Laser. BV (2.0) = 2,146
Dark Age Variants
The Xanthos was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior: Dark Age collectible miniatures game as a piece in its Age of Destruction expansion set. The figure was later used exclusively for an elite MechWarrior that was designated as a "Gunslinger". The 'Mech would later be adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined in the tabletop game once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to the Jihad Era. Many of it's renditions would be translated over the years after being introduced in Technical Readout: 3075, which include one of the earliest BattleMechs in the Age of War era to new variants used by House Liao during the late Dark Age era.
- MUL online entry for the XNT-3O Xanthos
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 246-247, "Xanthos Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 237
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 149
- Era Digest: Age of War, p. 11, "BattleMech Tech Timeline"
- MUL online entry for the XNT-2O Xanthos
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 8, "XNT-2O Xanthos"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 25
- MUL online entry for the XNT-4O Xanthos
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 239
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 150
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 240
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 151
- MUL online entry for the XNT-5O Xanthos
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 200
- MUL online entry for the XNT-6O Xanthos
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 201
- MUL online entry for the XNT-7O Xanthos