16th Lyran Guards
- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Sixteenth Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Second Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the Sixteenth Lyran Guards was one of four regiments within the Second Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence. Despite being the second-oldest Division within the Lyran Guards brigade, the Second was the smallest active Division by the mid-twenty-eighth century.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the Sixteenth lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the Sixteenth Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the Sixteenth and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces were intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps amongst the Sixteenth and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In 2765 the Sixteenth was enjoying a relatively quiet posting, serving as garrison for the Aristotle system, a sparsely-inhabited system only particularly notable for the large anarchist commune resident on the system's inhabited planet.
|Commanding Officers of the 16th Lyran Guards|
Sixteenth Lyran Guards (Regiment/Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Sixteenth was based on Aristotle.
2786 - 2821
16th Lyran Guards (Regiment/Regular/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Aristotle. In 2821 the command was reduced to 27 percent of its strength and was deployed on Shahr Kord. 
16th Lyran Guards (Regiment/Veteran/Reliable) 
- Note: At this point in time the medium-weight unit was stationed on Shahr Kord with an operational readiness of 70 percent. 
16th Lyran Guards (Regiment//) 
- Note: At this point in time the -weight unit was stationed on [[[D]]] with an operational readiness of percent. 
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- ’’ First Succession War’’, p. 139
- ’’ Second Succession War’’, p. 99