22nd Special Air Squadron
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|22nd Special Air Squadron|
|Unit Profile (as of 3024)|
|Parent Formation||Armed Forces of the Federated Suns|
Third Succession War
At the start of the Kurita invasion, they attacked the 3rd Benjamin Regulars while their 'Mechs were bogged down in a minefield and wreaked havoc on the 'Mech forces. They then covered the retreat of the 33rd Avalon Hussars and flew patrol over the real Star League Depot.
Though outnumbered four to one by the Kurita fighters, the 22nd flew more missions a day than any and put their fighters to the limit for three gruelling months. During the last Kuritan push, the 22nd kept the Kurita fighters off the 12th Vegan Rangers.
The unit suffered 37.12% casualties during the fight on Galtor.
|Commanding Officers of the 22nd Special Air Squadron|
22nd Special Air Squadron (Wing/Veteran)
- Parker's Air Squadron (Aerospace Fighters)
- Hunt's Air Squadron (Aerospace Fighters)
- Morgan's Air Squadron (Aerospace Fighters)
- The Galtor Campaign, p. 47 "22nd Special Air Squadron"
- The Galtor Campaign, p. 14 "The First Attacks"