2nd Wing Protectorate Militia
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For August 2020
- MechWarrior 5 DLC, Heroes Of The Inner Sphere, Previewed In Podcasts And Streams
- MechCommander Returns As a MechWarrior 5 Mod
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For July, 2020
- The Evolution Of Long-Range Missiles In BattleTech, or Why You Should Shut Up And Love The LRM-5
- Read more →
|2nd Wing Protectorate Militia|
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|Parent Formation||Word of Blake Protectorate Militia|
The 2nd Wing Protectorate Militia is one of the many militias raised by Word of Blake to defend the Word of Blake Protectorate. The unit was deployed in Wing. As of 3075 it was one of the two units raised from this planet along the 1st Wing Protectorate Militia.
It attracted the attention of the allied coalition as a target for liberation in July 3077 as a part of Operation SCOUR. The Third Free Worlds Guards were the garrison unit assigned to defend Wing at this point along the two Protectorate Militia units raised by natives, but as the likelihood of an assault from the coalition mounted, the 3rd chose to defect to the Principality of Regulus. The inevitable assault by forces from the Lyran front of SCOUR saw Group III land on Wing, only for the Third Free Worlds Guards to savage the Sixth Benjamin Regulars while the First Federated Suns Lancers failed to support the Combine forces. It would take several more weeks before the 3rd Free Worlds Guards followed through with their earlier decision and left for Regulus, and afterwards the alied forces shareted the remaining Word of Blake forces.
|Commanding Officers of the 2nd Wing Protectorate Militia|
As long as a Protectorate Militia force is fighting on its homeworld and is acting as the scenario's Defender, the Protectorate Militia force receives the Force the Initiative and Off-Map Movement special abilities. If deployed as the Attacker in a scenario, the Protectorate Militia force loses its Force the Initiative ability, but retains its Off-Map Movement capability.
If deployed on a world other than its homeworld (such as an Epsilon Eridani force being deployed on Genoa), the Protectorate Militia force not only loses all of its special abilities, but also suffers a –2 Initiative modifier.
Although Blakist-based, Protectorate Militia forces may use standard Inner Sphere force arrangements (Lances, Companies, and Battalions) rather than Word of Blake force arrangements.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "protectorate militia deployment"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad in Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 64-65, "3077: War In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 103, "Rules Annex"