- June News Roundup 2020 - Supplemental
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For June 2020
- Did You Know? Other Games Come And Go, But MechWarrior: Living Legends Is Here To Stay
- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Nimakachi Fusion Products Ltd|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Frame||Nimakachi Model IC|
|Power Plant||Hermes 275 XL|
|Tracking & Targeting System||Garret S6g|
|Heat Sinks||10 (Double Heat Sinks|
Designed in the first years of the thirty-second century, the Aquila Aerospace Fighter was a joint-project between the Oriente Protectorate and the Rim Commonality. The project that led to the building the Aquila had the goal of developing a fast, long range Aerospace Fighter which could hit with high accuracy.
Taking advantage of its long-range guns, the Aquila is used in the role of a sniper, conducting attacks against targets which are unescorted such as Small Craft and DropShips. After being produced in 3104, the fighter would first see action in 3105, during the Victoria War against the Capellan Confederation. The fighter made a name for itself as part of the Protectorate's defense forces protecting Shuen Wan. Then unknown to the Confederation forces, the fighters were able to engage the invaders at long range. While only one fighter of the responding squadron survived the encounter, it helped to convince the enemy forces to withdraw from Shuen Wan.
Weapons and Equipment
The Aquila's best qualities are the fighter's speed and long-range firepower. The Aquila's frame is armored with 11 tons of ArcShield IX AO Ferro-Aluminum, giving the fighter reasonable armor protection from incoming fighters. However, the Aquila's true defense is its speed, as it is able to move with thrust upwards of 11 Gs due to its Hermes 275-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine.
The signature weapons that make the fighter stand apart from the others are its twin nose-mounted Oriente MagCoil Model E Light Gauss Rifles which have been allotted three tons of ammunition. Backing up the Light Gauss Rifles are a pair of Diverse Optics Extended-Range Extended Range Medium Lasers; with one mounted on each of the Aquila's wings.
The Aquila AeroSpace Fighter has the following Design Quirk:
- MUL online date for the Aquila
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 45, 93 Aquila - BV2.
- MUL Profile of the AQA-1 Aquila AeroSpace Fighter (Includes intro year & BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 262
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 44-45 Aquila - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, pp. 45, 93 Aquila - Stats.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Free Worlds League, p. 45 Aquila - Design Quirk.