Battle of Beckvern Hill
- Clan Invasion Box Set ‘Mechs Revealed!
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Read more →
|Battle of Beckvern Hill|
|Part of The Age of War|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Unknown||Archon Michael Steiner|
|Sword of Light Regiment||Unknown|
In July 2475 a major earthquake hit Tharkad City, destroying the majority of its government buildings, gave the Draconis Combine the incentive to try to capture Nox. The planet became the site of the first full-scale BattleMech verses BattleMech engagement, occurring at Battle of Beckvern Hill. Archon Michael Steiner's Company of 'Mechs and supporting heavy tanks moved against an equal number of Kuritan 'Mechs from a Sword of Light Regiment. In the three hour battle against the notoriously tenacious DCMS, the Archon's troops fought their way into the Sword of Light's rear areas. They then fanned out into lance-sized units to cause as much damage as possible to the enemy's supplies and communications. Michael Steiner's Command Lance fought its way to the enemy's Regimental HQ, killing the command staff before being killed-in-action himself by Combine reinforcements.
Though this Kuritan attack was neither successful nor strategically significant, it marked a major turning point in armed warfare.
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 24