Category:Cargo DropShip classes
- Community Outreach - Tex Talks BattleTech
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Read more →
A subtype of the Transport DropShip concept and the most basic of all DropShip duties, Cargo DropShips are built to ferry goods throughout star systems. Most are civilian designs and not built for combat, though many carry some limited weaponry for a variety of purposes. Some are quasi-military or even designated military cargo vessels, designed as blockade runners or well-protected supply ships. Many military DropShips have been "modified" by removing military gear ('Mech bays, fighter cubicles and/or weapons) to transform them into well-armored and sometimes well-armed cargo or trading vessels.