Improved Jump Jet
|Improved Jump Jet (IJJ)|
|Type||Equipment (Physical Enhancement)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere / Clan Standard|
|Year Availability||Clan = 3069
IS = 3069
|Year Introduced||Clan = 3069|
|Year Extinction||IS =|
|Year Reintroduced||IS =|
Clan = 0 IS = 0,5
|Critical Slots||Clan = 2
IS = 2
A modern refinement upon the centuries-old design of standard jump jets, Improved Jump Jets are twice as large and as heavy as their normal counterparts, but can propel a 'Mech further with less heat buildup.
Developed by Clan Wolf-in-Exile in 3069,  thanks to their sharing of the specs with allies of the Arc-Royal Defense Cordon, fighting against the Blakists and the espionage efforts of their Crusader brethren, they have spread throughout the Inner Sphere. By 3071, the equipment became commonalty available.
Improved Jump Jets take up two critical slots each and are twice the mass of standard jump jets, but allow the 'Mech's maximum jumping MP to equal its running MP. Additionally, Improved Jump Jets produce half the heat of standard models, at one heat point per 2 hexes jumped, with a minimum of 3 heat points.
- TechManual 1st Edition PDF, P.51,225-226
- Interstellar Operations, 1st Edition, P.35 - Universal Technology Advancement Table
- TechManual, pp. 225-226, Improved Jump Jets
- Interstellar Operations, pp. 35-226, Improved Jump Jets
- Interstellar Operations, extended Jump Jets, P65 - Extended JumpJets are based on the Improved Jump Jets.