- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Has Arrived - Here's What You Can Expect
- The 'Mech That Looks Most Like A Turkey
- Community Outreach - How Michael Todd Met Robert N. Charrette
- Community Outreach - The Robert N. Charrette Collection
- New Heavy Metal Trailer For HBS’ BattleTech Reveals New ‘Mech: The Bull Shark
- Read more →
|Lift Hoist / Arresting Hoist|
|Tech Base||Clan / Inner Sphere (IS)|
|Tons|| Lift Hoist = 3 |
Arresting Hoist = 3
|Critical Slots|| 'Mechs = 3
Support Vehicle = 1 Combat Vehicle = 1
The typical style of this equipment varies. Examples include a chain-and-pulley method, high-tension cables, or myomer powered, claw-like specialty lifters.
Arresting Hoists are a typical variant of the lift hoist, which are used to reel aircraft into an AirShip or bring small spacecraft and other vehicles into a DropShip's fighter or small craft bays. However, it is noted that this method is considered hazardous at times.
- Unit Restrictions:
Critical slots for arresting hoists are part of the bay itself.
- Life Hoists: Lift Hoist maybe used by only if the unit is active and if the pilot is able to act.
- Arresting Hoists: This equipment allows Fixed-Wing Air Support Vehicles, DropShips, VTOLs, and Airship Support Ships to retrieve fighters. This is action is allowed as long the unit remains in play and the pilot or crew is able to act.
Each Lift Hoist allows a unit to lift cargo equal to half its tonnage (or 200 whichever is lower) and suffer no movement penalty for carrying cargo up to half their tonnage.
'Mechs (Industrial or BattleMech) may mount up to two Lift Hoists in either arms or their Torsos. Combat and Support Vehicles can mount up four standard lifts which are restricted to the body of vehicle. VTOLs may mount them anywhere but the mainbody.
You may only equip one per the Airship Support Vehicle's vehicle cubicle that is designated as a dock for airborne craft.dy.
- TechManual, p. 245, "Lift Hoist" - Description on how and what this equipment works fluff wise.
- Tech Manual, p. 239, "Transportation Bay description/rules".
- TechManual, pp. 245, 344, "Game Rules noted for both Arrest Hoist and Lift Hoist".
- TechManual, pp. 245, 344, "Basic restrictions in tables for Lift Hoist for designs that are not AirShip".
- TechManual, pp. 245, 344, "Air Hoist abilities and restrictions in tables for Arresting Hoist for designs that are AirShip only".