Pinard (Individual Winchester-class WarShip)
- MechWarrior Online's Renaissance Is All Thanks To The Developers Putting Players In Charge
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May, 2021
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2021
- Why You Should Actually Trust BattleTech’s Mysteriously Short-Ranged Autocannons
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For March, 2021
- Read more →
The TCS Pinard was a Winchester-class WarShip within the Taurian Concordat WarShip flotilla that jumped into the Malagrotta system in 2573, prompting an incident that became known as the Malagrotta Affair. The TCS Pinard and the other vessels had arrived in the system unexpectedly and with navigational problems, and proceeded towards the mining moon of Fortuna to attempt to conduct repairs.
A Federated Suns naval squadron arrived in the Malagrotta system via a LaGrange jump point two days after the Taurian flotilla arrived, responding to distress calls from the Federated Suns mining contingent on Fortuna; the Federated Suns squadron engaged the Taurian flotilla and destroyed or captured all bar one of the Taurian vessels - that one vessel being the TCS Pinard which escaped after a three-hour battle. The only loss taken by the Federated Suns squadron was a single Leopard CV-class DropShip.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 67, "Malagrotta"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 66, "Prelude to Perdition"