- Community Outreach - Michael At Metal Core Collectibles Talks About 3D Printing And Making Fan Designs
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For May 2020
- "Mech Merc Company" - A Love Letter To MechWarrior 2, Now On Steam Early Access
- Your BattleTech News Roundup For April 2020
- What ‘Mech Would You Survive The Coronavirus Outbreak In?
- Read more →
WiGE (Wing in Ground Effect, also called Wiggies or Widgets) are low-altitude aircraft, being something in between conventional fighter and hovercraft. Combat WiGEs could reach up to 80 tons and usually were used as fast transports, while support WiGEs could reach 240 tons. Despite being heavier and more mobile than regular VTOLs the WiGE craft were very rare.
WiGE were introduced during the early spaceflight era when scientists found that hovercraft with fixed wings can lift much more cargo. Wiggies were considered as ground units because of very limited altitude they could fly, yet still they were far more terrain-independent than any other ground unit.
- Total_Warfare p. 55