Dragon's Breath Multiple Capital Missile Launch System
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Armament|| 12x Small Lasers |
1x Dragon's Breath Multiple Capital Missile Launch System
|Armor|| 15 tons standard armor |
2 per facing
|Grav Decks||1 x 100m|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||0/15|
The Dragon's Breath Multiple Capital Launch System is officially known to its Word of Blake masters as the Megiddo System Space Platform. Based on a modified mining platform, the Dragon's Breath was intended to act as a "smart mine" that could target incoming AeroSpace units. It is essentially a giant One-Shot missile system filled with capital missiles. By placing the Dragon's Breath launcher in a civilian station housing, the Word of Blake kept the Dragon's Breath system hidden from enemy forces until it was in a position to fire. The missile system is controlled by an Aerospace Smart Robotic Control System.
Though its primary armament could be devastating to WarShips and other large craft, the Word was unable to produce them in large numbers. They were effective, however, in destroying the WarShip Great Bear during the assault on Terra. Despite these successes, the system as a whole was a failure. During the invasion of Terra, only one of ten Dragon's Breath systems were effective.
Weapons and Equipment
The Dragon's Breath Capital Missile system fires ten Killer Whale sized warheads at the target. Four of these missiles carried electronic warfare gear to jam enemy sensors. The following six missiles would then slam into the target, crippling or destroying it. The six explosive missiles launch in a staggered pattern: First two missiles would launch, followed by three missiles, and then a final missile. The Word's engineers wanted the first two waves of explosive missiles to strip the armor off the WarShip allowing the final missile to destroy key internal components.
The Dragon's Breath retained the twelve Small Lasers used by the civilian station that provided the housing for the missile launcher.
There are four cargo bays. The first is an unpressurized repair bay capable of holding 10,000 tons. This bay held the actual Dragon's Breath missile launcher. The second bay holds two Small Craft Cubicles. The third bay is home to the ore processing equipment, while the fourth holds 1,350 tons of cargo.
There are no known variants of the Dragon's Breath system.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 187
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 187 NOTE: BV doesn't include the Dragon's Breath Missile launcher system, which has no BV. "It (the Dragon's Breath missile launcher) should only be used in play with the agreement of all players."
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 186