108th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|108th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Parent Formation||XVIII Corps|
The 108th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The 108th was supposed to be transferred out of the Magistracy of Canopus prior to 2764, but was delayed due to a transportation shortage. However, the soldiers of the 108th were increasingly absorbing the Canopian's "anything goes" culture. Several members had to be discharged due to receiving cybernetic animal ear implants against regulations. Their commanding officer was more interested in throwing parties rather than trying to fix the problems within his command as well.
The 108th was a part of the XVIII Corps, Seventeenth Army, and in 2764 was assigned to Candiear in the Magistracy of Canopus territorial state. The 108th was caught up in the rebellion that followed the New Vandenberg Uprising in 2765 and suffered heavy casualties. The 108th disbanded as a result, with some elements of the division joining the rebels.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 207, "108th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 155, "Seventeenth"
- The Star League, p. 133, "Unit Composition"