108th Mechanized Infantry Division
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|108th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2769)|
|Parent Formation||XVIII Corps|
The 108th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
The 108th was supposed to be transferred out of the Magistracy of Canopus prior to 2764, but was delayed due to a transportation shortage. However, the soldiers of the 108th were increasingly absorbing the Canopian's "anything goes" culture. Several members had to be discharged due to receiving cybernetic animal ear implants against regulations. Their commanding officer was more interested in throwing parties rather than trying to fix the problems within his command as well.
The 108th was a part of the XVIII Corps, Seventeenth Army, and in 2764 was assigned to Candiear in the Magistracy of Canopus territorial state. The 108th was caught up in the rebellion that followed the New Vandenberg Uprising in 2765 and suffered heavy casualties. The 108th disbanded as a result, with two Battalions of the division joining the rebels, these were destroyed in combat in 2769.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 207, "108th Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 155, "Seventeenth"
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind"
- The Star League, p. 133, "Unit Composition"