10th Robinson Chevaliers
|Tenth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Tenth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752.
The Tenth was well-known for a certain level of decadence, with lavish mess functions put on regularly and the personnel of the regiment engaging in a wide range of hobbies linked only by their high cost. While the Star League Defense Force warned officers invited to socialize with the "Ermine Soldiers" that they should anticipate having to outlay a considerable sum as a result, the warriors of the Tenth were also known to be veteran soldiers who responded quickly to the call to battle. In common with the other regiments of Chevaliers members of the Tenth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
Tenth Robinson Chevaliers (Veteran/Reliable)
- The Tenth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Tenth appears likely to have been named for the Breton Order of the Ermine founded in the fourteenth or fifteenth century.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"