13th Robinson Chevaliers
|Thirteenth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Keepers of the Star|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Thirteenth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Thirteenth the regiment was known as the "Keepers of the Star"; members of the Thirteenth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
The main tactic used by the Thirteenth was the hammer and anvil; the Thirteenth's reinforced assault battalion would prepare kill zones and then act as the anvil as the two battalions of light BattleMechs drew or led the enemy forces into those kill zones. This tactic was relatively easy for enemy units to counter if they could spot and avoid falling into the trap.
Thirteenth Robinson Chevaliers (Regular/Reliable)
- - The Thirteenth were stationed on Dobson at this point in time. The Thirteenth was a regiment consisting of three battalions, one a reinforced assault battalion and the other two battalions of light 'Mechs.
- The Thirteenth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- While there doesn't appear to be a chivalric order named "Keepers of the Star" possible orders the Thirteenth may have been named for include the fourteenth century French Order of the Star and the eighteenth century Swedish Order of the Polar Star.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"