14th Robinson Chevaliers
|Fourteenth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Thistle Keepers|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Fourteenth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Fourteenth the regiment was known as "The Thistle Keepers"; members of the Fourteenth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
The Fourteenth was a cavalry regiment that trained extensively at long-range combat to allow them to execute fast, slashing attacks on enemy units rather than direct assaults.
Fourteenth Robinson Chevaliers (Regular/Reliable)
- - The Fourteenth were stationed on Haynesville at this point in time. No BattleMech in the Fourteenth had a top speed lower than eighty kilometers an hour.
- The Fourteenth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Fourteenth Robinson Chevaliers were most likely named after the seventeenth century Scottish Order of the Thistle, which was itself asserted to be a revival of an earlier chivalric order.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"