161st Mechanized Infantry Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|161st Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||XLVI Corps|
The 161st Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 161st was assigned, as a part of the XLVI Corps, Nineteenth Army, to the Periphery Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery by 2765, to take part in the SLDF response to the Periphery Uprising. The 161st took heavy losses during the Uprising, and the division was disbanded. An ad-hoc regiment of personnel from the 161st defected to the Taurian Concordat in 2766, but was destroyed in 2767.
The Mechanized Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanized Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- First Succession War, p. 34, "Those Left Behind (Continued)"
- The Star League, p. 157, "Nineteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133