17th Lyran Guards
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|Seventeenth Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Second Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the Seventeenth Lyran Guards was one of four regiments within the Second Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence. Despite being the second-oldest Division within the Lyran Guards brigade, the Second was the smallest active Division by the mid-twenty-eighth century.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the Seventeenth lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the Seventeenth Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the Seventeenth and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps amongst the Seventeenth and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In 2765 the Seventeenth was enjoying a relatively quiet posting, serving as garrison for the two habitable worlds in the Ewanrigg system. Ewanrigg was regarded primarily as a vacation spot, with visitors spending time either on the arctic world of Ski, or in the tropical and desert climes of Tan.
Seventeenth Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Seventeenth was based on Ewanrigg.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"