17th Robinson Chevaliers
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Seventeenth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Sabres of St. Louis|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Seventeenth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Seventeenth the regiment was known as the "Sabres of St. Louis"; members of the Seventeenth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
In 2765 the Seventeenth's combat readiness rating was downgraded because of the consistently poor performance the MechWarriors of the regiment had demonstrated in the field, a result of lethargy and neglect, probably arising from the Seventeenth having spent years in a quiet garrison posting without seeing significant action whilst also being at the bottom of the list for supplies within the brigade. AFFS fitness reports indicated that unless the situation was corrected, the decline in performance would likely see the Seventeenth outclassed by the local planetary militia by 2766.
Seventeenth Robinson Chevaliers (Regular/Reliable)
- The Seventeenth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Seventeenth Robinson Chevaliers were most likely named after the seventeenth century French Order of Saint Louis.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Morale"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"