17th Royal Brigade (SLDF)
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
|17th Royal Brigade|
|Unit Profile (as of 2581)|
|Parent Formation||6th Royal Division|
The Seventeenth Royal Brigade was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army. Formed as a part of the 6th Royal Division during the creation of the SLDF, the 17th Royal Brigade was a part of II Corps during Operation UNION HOLD, the five-year campaign to conquer the Outworlds Alliance. The 17th served as a part of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force from the start of the operation in 2581 until the entire 6th Royal Division was transferred to the Taurian Concordat front in 2584.
The 17th was stationed on Kesai IV when the invasion of the Alliance began, and was deployed forward to pacify the population of Niles in 2581, before taking part in the attack on Sevon in late 2581. The 17th and the other brigades of the 6th Royal Division were mauled by the Pitcairn Legion and the Alliance 4th Armored Division before the 6th Royal had managed to finish unloading from their DropShips; Colonel Elias Pitcairn duped the commander of the Outworlds Alliance Task Force into an ambush, one that checked the SLDF advance and allowed the combined Alliance forces to attack the 6th Royal Division landing zone. The resulting day-long battle allowed the Alliance forces to inflict heavy damage on the 6th Royal and capture signficant quantities of salvage, and the Alliance forces would turn the fight for Sevon into a month-long campaign.
Having been bloodied on Sevon, the 17th was keen to exact vengeance on the Alliance; Forlough gave them an opportunity in early 2582 when he tasked them with conquering the Alliance world of Pitkin. That desire for vengeance wouldn't be satisfied though, as Pitkin was defended only by a minor militia force, and the 17th easily took control of the world. The 17th would stay on Pitkin until the entire of the 6th Royal Division was redeployed to the Taurian front.
- When randomly generating force experience all 17th Royal Brigade forces apply a +2 bonus to the Random Experience Level roll.
- All 17th Royal Brigade units add a +1 bonus to Initiative rolls.
- All 17th Royal Brigade units may Force the Initiative.
- All 17th Royal Brigade units may utilize Overrun Combat.
- All 17th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus on Availability Rolls for Advanced Components.
- All 17th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to repair rolls.
- All 17th Royal Brigade units receive a +1 bonus to determine the availability of supplies or replacement equipment.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 110-111, "Fait Accompli(shed)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 114-115, "Sevon"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 118, "Kennard and Pitkin"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 181, "The Star League"