(References to Sevon)
Sevon neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||203 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||31°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Population|| 1,244,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Judith Romano)|
 Owner History
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2596 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2750 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3025 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3030 - Outworlds Alliance
- 3040 - Outworlds Alliance
- 3050 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3052 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3054 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3057 - Outworlds Alliance
- 3059 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3062 - Outworlds Alliance
- 3063 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3067 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3075 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3079 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
 Planetary Info
Sevon has three continents, Jinnahpore, Karaj where the capital city Shandahar is located and Janobi Barr-e-Azam.
 Planetary History
This sparsely settled agricultural world is the ancestral home of House Avellar. The Avellar Guards are expected to provide defense for the Avellar family holdings and two of the three separate compounds comprising Alliances Industries Diversified - a difficult and uncomfortable task.
In the 26th century, Sevon was a planet with a slowly-growing industrial base focussed on mineral and ore processing along with food packaging, which supported a moderate population of farmers, ranchers and miners. While the world retained the traditions of the Omniss and shunned all of the advanced technologies that were not considered essential, the inhabitants of Sevon were dedicated to their freedoms and way of life; it was this dedication that resulted in them consenting to the deployment of units from the Outworlds Alliance Militia prior to the beginning of the Star League campaign to forcibly integrate or conquer all of the Periphery states.
After the first wave of attacks on the Outworlds Alliance in 2581, the commander of the Star League task force, General Amos Forlough intended to bring an early end to the campaign by securing Sevon as the base for a strike directly on Alpheratz and the heart of the Outworlds Alliance. Having already led two divisions from II Corps against Niles - the 4th Division and the 6th Royal Division - Forlough landed both divisions on Sevon on the 3rd of October 2581.
Sevon became the site of one of the most important events in the Star League campaign against the Outworlds Alliance; Forlough was aware of the Militia forces on Sevon, but was completely unaware of the presence of the Pitcairn Legion, and Colonel Elias Pitcairn used that to his full advantage. No sooner had the SLDF group landed than Pitcairn contacted Forlough in full Federated Suns uniform at the head of a company of BattleMechs in Federated Suns colors - with a Federated Suns flag flying over the capital city. Pitcairn claimed that Sevon was a Federated Suns protectorate, and ordered Forlough's forces to leave the planet.
Despite having just a few companies of infantry and BattleMechs on the ground supported by an AeroSpace Fighter Combat Air Patrol, Forlough immediately ordered his forces to attack, presuming that Pitcairn and his forces were simply a distraction or decoy. He was rapidly disabused of that notion; the single company of Mechs wasn't simply a picket line, but rather the visible element of a mixed regiment of Pitcairn legion 'Mechs and Alliance armor. Pitcairn's forces surrounded the advancing SLDF forces at the small hamlet of Camden Fields and stopped them dead in their tracks after a thirty minute battle.
That was just the beginning of Forlough's problems; while his landing party was tied up, two fighter wings were intercepting the Star League CAP, and the remaining Pitcairn Legion fighters had combined forces with the 4th Armored Division forces to assault the 6th Royal Division landing zone along with the other two regiments from the Legion. Less than a quarter of the 6th Royal armor and Mech forces had been disembarked from their DropShips, and although they rapidly formed a defensive perimeter, the Legion forces concentrated on destroying all of the disembarked forces. Not content with attacking the perimeter, the Legion forces advanced only far enough to engage the perimeter directly... while giving Alliance recovery teams cover to salvage as much SLDF equipment as could safely be recovered.
As Pitcairn had anticipated, the Star League 4th Division moved to support the 6th Royal Division by dispatching two full brigades to counterattack the Alliance forces from the nearby 4th Division landing zone, but the 4th Division response was several hours later than Pitcairn had allowed for. This gave Pitcairn time to decide to cede the field to the Star League forces, having made use of the time to destroy 6 DropShips and more than 200 assorted 'Mechs and tanks, reducing the 6th Royal Division to a shambles in the single most effective Alliance action of the war to date.
Forlough sent the 4th Division out on seek and destory missions targetting the Legion forces, while Pitcairn spent several days replacing lost equipment with salvage from the 6th Royal; Pitcairn then dispatched small detachments out to conduct raids and spoiling attacks across a wide area before bringing the bulk of the Legion back into the fray on the 7th of October. Having concealed themselves in hidden positions in the western OberSevon roughlands, Pitcairn struck against two SLDF columns hunting amidst the local towns and mining cooperatives. The result was both SLDF columns breaking and a running battle that ended at Big Tusk, where Forlough dropped two additional BattleMech battalions into the fray. The end result was a three-day escalation of combat with both sides feeding units into the battle until almost every battle-ready formation on both sides was engaged in an obvious stalemate. This stalemate continued until the 12th of October, at which point joint messages from Ian Cameron and Prince Davion arrived, instructing both sides to break off attacks until the "question of Sevon" could be determined politically.
This enforced truce saw both sides regroup away from Big Tusk and lasted almost two weeks, although both sides used covert reconnaissance to try and breach the enemy lines and occasionally traded fire; the tempo of operations finally changed on the 26th of October, when the 19th Galedon Regulars and 24th Galedon Regulars landed along with elements of the 17th Galedon Regulars, reinforcing the II Corps forces. Star League reinforcements had been anticipated, and Pitcairn knew that he couldn't hold out against the SLDF at this point. The combined Kuritan and SLDF forces led a wide and deep attack against the city of Semal, which was the location of the headquarters for both the Pitcairn Legion and the 4th Armored Division, as well as the location of their DropShips. Despite being able to easily surround the city, Forloughs forces were held back for a day by the Alliance defenders.
The Pitcairn Legion used artillery, air strikes and the narrow city streets to bottle up the Galedon Regulars and fight a rearguard action before finally evacuating close to midnight on the 28th of October, along with the 4th Armored Division; whilst this left Forlough facing the remnants of the Sevon Militia, which were soon wiped out, Sevon itself remained contested throughout the five-year war. The planet never fully capitulated, and the Outworld Alliance Militia continued to support the planet through fighter and DropShip squadrons deploying into the system to harass Star League troop movements and shipping. Shipments destined for Star League forces frequently disappeared as did citizens who willingly worked for the Star League.
Despite this, Forlough continued to use Sevon as a forward base within the Alliance, resting and refitting most of II Corps on the planet in 2582 before launching attacks on worlds such as Cerberus, Mitchella, Loparri and Quatre Belle. When the Treaty of Cerberus was signed in late July 2585, Sevon wasn't just the site of the first major Star League defeats within the Alliance, but also remained an Outworlds Alliance world.
 Planetary Garrison
- 1 mixed regiment of armor and infantry
- 2 companies of BattleMechs
- 2 squadrons of AeroSpace Fighters
- CO: Chairman Khasan Parry
- - At this point in time, the 2nd Alliance Air Wing were deployed across Banori, Mitchella and Sevon. The 2nd Alliance Air Wing was at 75% of full strength.
 Manufacturing Centers & Companies
 Nearby Planets
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years) |
Closest planets first:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 The Periphery (sourcebook), p. 119, "Sevon"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 Objectives: The Clans, p. 21, "Sevon Planet Profile"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Historical: Reunification War, p. 114, "Sevon"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ The Periphery (sourcebook), p.156, "The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p.46, "Map of Periphery States: The Outworlds Alliance Sector"
- ↑ The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- ↑ Inner Sphere, p. 97, "Near Periphery Kingdoms Map"
- ↑ Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldier Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 16.4 16.5 16.6 16.7 Historical: Reunification War, p. 115, "Sevon"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 116, "Sevon"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 124, "Day of Vengeance"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 140, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- ↑ Field Report: Clans, p. 24, "Alliance Military Command"
- ↑ Objectives: The Clans, p. 21, "Alliance Industries Diversified"