196th BattleMech Division
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|196th BattleMech Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Gettysburg Division|
|Parent Formation||XXXVI Corps|
The One Hundred Ninety-sixth BattleMech Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
Prior to the fall of the Star League, the 196th was involved in destroying a slaving operation on the world of Viroflay during a tour with the 20th Army (Star League). The commanding officer at the time, General Gould Watts, declared "I have freed the slaves" upon completing the mission causing a brief media sensation.
In 2764, the unit was assigned, as a part of the XXXVI Corps, Sixteenth Army, to District 3 of the Draconis Combine Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery.. The 196th was destroyed during the Periphery Uprising in 2765.
- 1961st Brigade 
- 1962nd Brigade
- 1963rd Brigade
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 193, "196th BattleMech Division"
- The Star League, p. 149, "Sixteenth"
- The Star League, p. 133
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 13