1st Brinton Defenders
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|First Brinton Defenders|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Concordat Chasseurs|
|Parent Formation||I Corps|
|Formed||Star League era|
The origins of the First Brinton Defenders lay in the Reunification War, although the regiment didn't form up until shortly after the regiment ended. Taking its name from the planet Brinton, a newly-colonized world at the time, the First was formed by merging together the fragmented remnants of the 111th, 122nd and 129th Concordat Chasseurs, the regiments that had been destroyed in the savage and burtal campaign by the Star League Defense Force to capture the industrial world of New Vandenberg.
After its formation the First was assigned to Brinton and tasked with defending the local region against incursions from the Capellan Confederation. Over the next century and a half the First was joined by additional sister regiments, formed as the Taurian Concordat expanded. During the 2760s the First spent time as the resident garrison on Katinka, charged with "observing" the local SLDF regiment, the Ninety-fifth Royal Jump Infantry Division, before being moved to Rockwellawan in the mid-2760s. The reassignment to Rockwellawan was difficult for the first; the move had been prompted by a bandit attack that saw the raiders - who were supported by a squadron of assault DropShips - badly damage the atmospheric processors on Rockwellawan; the First had to spend much of its time confined to its base due to the harsh climate on the planet, even as the local Taurian population frantically attempted to repair the processors. This period was marked by increased disciplinary problems within the First, a direct reaction to the unpleasant living conditions the troops were enduring.
First Brinton Defenders (Regular/Reliable)
- At this point in time the First was deployed to Rockwellawan system.
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 23, "I Corps"