Klathandu Militia (Federated Suns)
- New MechWarrior 5 Trailer, Pre-Orders Online Now
- MechCommander Gold - Darkest Hours Gets 4.0 Release
- Update On Beginner Box Set And BattleTech: Game Of Armored Combat
- Sarna Wishes You All A Happy Holidays!
- Mech_Con Roundup Day 2 - Harebrained Show, Catalyst Announcements, And A New MWOWC Champion!
- Read more →
BattleTech Community Ads:
|Unit Profile (as of 3028)|
|Parent Formation||Draconis March Militia|
The Klathandu Militia was an experienced and well equipped force well used to dealing with raiders.
The militia had been hardened by the many raids conducted against the planet by the DCMS - and had also received additional supplies of quality equipment including Maxim troop transports manufactured in the Lyran Commonwealth, Partisans and a Sniper Artillery Piece. During the Fourth Succession War, Klathandu IV was invaded by the Ninth Benjamin Regulars. The DCMS unit expected an easy victory as the militia possessed no 'Mechs and so their initial sloppy deployment reflected that attitude. In contrast to the Ninth's expectations, when the Ninth encountered the First Klathandu Infantry Regiment and Third Klathandu Tank Regiment at Gregory's Hills they were shocked by both the fierce determination of the militia and the firepower available to them.
The initial attacks by the Ninth Benjamin Regulars had focused on efforts to capture the planetary capital, Klanthis, which was also the center of Klathanu IV's industry. When faced with the ferocious response from the planetary militia Tai-sho Denice Eastmoreland moved the Regulars west to regroup, and spent the lull learning the terrain and probing the militia's defenses, turning the campaign into a war of attrition. When the Regulars went back on the offensive they treated the militia as if they were front-line opponents and made better progress, defeating several militia regiments and reaching the outskirts of Klanthis by late July 3029.
Even though the planet was reinforced, the DCMS push finally conquered the planet and put an end to the militia.
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 80
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 29, "Klathandu IV"