- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Maxim Hover Transport|
|Manufacturer||Scarborough Manufacturers, Cyclops Incorporated, Hellespont Industries|
|Mission||Heavy Hover Transport|
|Armor||ArcShield V Standard|
|Engine||PowerTech 165 Highlift ICE|
|Communications System||Scarborough Talky-2|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scarborough Tracky 1 w/TAG|
Originally produced by Maxim Transport Industries, before a series of scandals led to its closure in 3039, the fast and heavily armed Maxim quickly became the model example of a transport throughout the Inner Sphere. Still produced via different companies, the Maxim is still heavily used by many units as their principal APC. It has proven itself popular both to unit commanders, who respect its firepower, speed and ability to carry a full platoon of infantry, and to the troops it carries, who respect its roomy, comfortable infantry bay.
The Maxims produced by Maxim Transport Industries used software produced internally, namely the Maxim New Standard I/O communications system and the Maxim New Standard TargetTrack targeting and tracking system.
Weapons and Equipment
The Maxim provides a heavy amount of firepower for an APC, designed to provide covering fire for deploying infantry and to support them in the field. Twin forward facing and a rear facing LRM-5s provide long range fire, while side mounted SRM-2s and a turret mounted SRM-6 provide close range support. A set of three machine guns in the turret deal with any unarmored infantry it may encounter.
- Another common modification, this moves the side mounted SRM-2s into the turret for a wider range of fire.
- Virtually similar to the SRM variant, this Maxim sacrifices one of the SRM-4's to carry additional ammo.
- 3058 Upgrade
- A significant upgrade to the original, this updated version of the Maxim drops the rear facing LRM-5 and a machine gun, in order to replace the Sureshot II SRM-2's with a pair of Guided Technologies Streak SRM-2s and add a TAG unit. Additionally, the armor is replaced with ProTech 6 Ferro-Fibrous for increased protection. BV (2.0) = 796
- 3058 Anti-Personnel
- Designed to deal with heavy concentrations of infantry, this Maxim variant replaces the Streak SRM-2s for additional machine guns. BV (2.0) = 715
- Battle Armor Transport (Field Refit)
- Designed by troops in the field this Maxim variant also transports a squad of battle armored infantry. Unlike the factory version, this version removes the machine guns and ammunition to make room for the infantry bay. It also carries more armor. BV (2.0) = 817
- C3 Master
- This version trades the ability to carry infantry for a C3 Master Computer. As the C3 Master can function as a TAG system, the turret mounted TAG is also removed. To provide additional protection, the machine guns and ammunition of the standard Maxim are replaced by armor. BV (2.0) = 817
- Retrofitted with Clan technology, the Maxim-C utilities a fusion engine and lighter missile systems to free up weight for a larger array of weapons and a 6 ton infantry bay. A front mounted LRM-15 provides adequate long range firepower, while side mounted SRM-2s, and a turret mounted Streak SRM-6 partnered with twin machine guns provides close range support. While it does not utilize the Ferro-fibrous Armor seen in updated IS versions of the Maxim, its seven tons of standard armor provides similar levels of protection, augmented by the use of an ECM Suite and CASE. BV (2.0) = 1,147
- designed to increase the hovercraft's performance while dropping troops, the Flanker model has Sponson Turrets and has much more armor on its left side than its right. The idea was to present a heavily-armed and armored broadside to the enemy while performing its primary duty. BV (2.0) = 781
- Maultier - The smaller Maultier is often considered a cousin to the larger Maxim design.
- Maxim Mk II - Designed by Cyclops Incorporated, this post Jihad update was built for use by the newly founded Republic of the Sphere. Gutting its weapons complement down to a single, turret mounted Hovertech Streak SRM-2, the Maxim Mk2 can carry a full platoon of battle armor and has significant armor protection.
- MUL online date for the Maxim
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 64, "Maxim Hover Transport"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 116
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 122
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 124
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 117
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 118
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 119
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 120
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 121
- Experimental Technical Readout: Corporations, p. 11