Maxim Mk II
|Maxim Mk II|
|Manufacturer||Cyclops Incorporated , Scarborough Manufacturers|
|Armor||ArcShield Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Powertech 165 Highlifter Fusion|
|Communications System||Cyclops Surelink|
The Maxim Mark II Transport is produced by Cyclops Inc. of Skye and Scarborough Manufacturers. The vehicle was intended as an upgrade from the original Maxim Hover Transport. Though Cyclops wanted to build on the long history of the original Maxim and continue to use heavy weapons, Scarborough's engineers pointed out that by carrying fewer weapons the crew would naturally withdraw from the battlefield before getting into overly dangerous situations. This would keep the Maxim Mk. II in service for a longer time, allowing the Republic Armed Forces to spend more money on battle armor and other equipment.
Though it has a top speed comparable to a Succession Wars-era Locust or Spider and is heavily armored, the Maxim Mark II is particularly vulnerable to light hunter-killer units like the Wolfhound or Panther.
The Maxim Mk. II uses a sixteen-ton Infantry Bay to transport either a full platoon of Battle Armor infantry. This Infantry Bay can be converted in a few minutes to allow a full company of conventional infantry to catch a ride with the Maxim.
To support the infantry, the Maxim Mk. II uses twin turret mounted MML-3 launchers. Though these missile launchers aren't powerful by themselves, the two ton ammunition bay allows the Maxim to carry standard LRM or SRM loads as well as special munitions like the Thunder LRM. To protect both the crew and the many infantrymen inside, the Maxim Mk. II uses CASE to protect the missile ammunition.
- Infantry Support - Developed by Cyclops, this version can be found in the Lyran Commonwealth. Reducing the Infantry Bay by 50% allowed engineers to install a pair of Light PPCs and Machine Guns in the enlarged turret. This allows the "Shiloh" (a nickname from the troops it supports) to provide heavier fire support against armored targets and conventional infantry. BV (2.0) = 828
- Dark Age - The original Dark Age version of the vehicle carried a single turret-mounted Streak SRM-2 launcher and used an ICE powerplant.
 Related Vehicles
 Vehicle Gallery
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 28
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 29
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 31