20th Lyran Guards
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- MWO World Championship Analysis with BanditB17 and mdmzero0
- Read more →
|20th Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Second Lyran Guards Division|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 20th Lyran Guards was one of four regiments within the 2nd Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence. Despite being the second-oldest Division within the Lyran Guards brigade, the Second was the smallest active Division by the mid-twenty-eighth century.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 20th Guards lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 20th Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 20th Guards and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the Twentieth and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
Posted to the world of Dar-es-Salaam in 2762, the 20th Guards immediately began causing headaches for the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces when the belligerent attitudes of the unit's personnel clashed with the religious tenets held by the majority of the local population.
20th Lyran Guards (Regular/Questionable)
- - At this point in time the Twentieth was based on Dar-es-Salaam.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"