212th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|212th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2764)|
|Nickname||The Boiling Point Division|
|Parent Formation||XXXV Corps|
The 212th Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the 212th was a part of XXXV Corps within the Fifteenth Army and was assigned to District 2 of the Draconis Combine Military Region. They were assigned to garrison Togura, a system that provided a large amount of industrial metals. The component commands were responsible for guarding energy infrastructure, which required them to protect solar panel farms, refineries, and orbital solar power collectors.
The 212th was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery in response to the Periphery Uprising in 2765. The 212th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 185
- The Star League, p. 148, "Fifteenth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 185, "XXXV Corps Profile"
- The Star League, p. 133