255th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|255th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||The Blackstar Cuirassiers|
|Parent Formation||LXII Corps|
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Kaiyuh, assigned as a part of the LXII Corps, Fourth Army, to District 3 of the Federated Suns Military Region but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery to take part in the Periphery Uprising by 2765. The 255th survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
The commanding officer in 2764 was Major General Colbert Delacroix, however in 2765 he was replaced by newly promoted Major General Jack Lucas. Lucas was in turn replaced in 2766 when he was promoted to lead the Third Army.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 152, "Fourth"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 73, "255th Royal Mechanized Infantry Division"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 17
- The Star League, p. 133