261st Mechanized Infantry Division
- Harmony Gold and Piranha Games Have Settled - Probably
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Read more →
|261st Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Trireme Division|
|Parent Formation||LXVI Corps|
The 261st Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764, the unit was stationed on Nagel, assigned as a part of the LXVI Corps, Third Army, to District 2 of the Federated Suns Military Region, but was moved to an undisclosed area of the Periphery. The 261st was destroyed during the Periphery Uprising in 2765.
|Commanding Officers of the 261st Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Major General||Denis Bellomi||2764|
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions.
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 252, "SLDF - Federated Suns Military Command Map"
- The Star League, p. 151, "Third"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 63, "261st Mechanized Infantry Division"
- The Star League, p. 133