26th Mechanized Infantry Division
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|26th Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Nickname||Hackers and Crackers|
|Parent Formation||X Corps|
The Twenty-sixth Mechanized Infantry Division was a part of the Star League Defense Force Regular Army.
In 2764 the Twenty-sixth protected Nirasaki, and was a part of X Corps within the First Army and was assigned to the Terran Military Region. The computer systems developed at Nirasaki were so vital to the Space Defense Systems used by the Terran Hegemony that the Twenty-sixth dedicated the 262nd Brigade to running down and boarding small craft and DropShips that attempted to escape at the system's jump points. To assist in this, Marine instructors were assigned to the 262nd, and the Twenty-sixth was supported by two independent aero wings that were stationed in the system.
The Twenty-sixth was transferred to District 1 of the Federated Suns Military Region in 2765 in response to the Periphery Uprising. The Twenty-Sixth survived the war and the Hegemony Campaign, and followed General Aleksandr Kerensky on the Exodus in 2784.
The Mechanised Infantry Divisions of the Star League were used offensively to exploit gaps in the enemy front created by the BattleMech Divisions. They also bore the brunt of defensive actions. The Infantry of the 262nd Brigade are marine trained. 
The Division comprised two Brigades of Mechanised Infantry and a single BattleMech Brigade. Also attached was a Ground Aero Wing.
- 262nd Brigade
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 251, "SLDF - Terran Hegemony Military Command Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 41
- The Star League, p. 140, "First Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 41, "26th Mechanized Infantry Division"