282nd Division (ComStar)
BattleTech Community Ads:
|282nd Division IV-rho|
|Unit Profile (as of 3052)|
|Nickname||Clear Thoughts (3050)|
|Parent Formation||10th Army V-nu|
Early Unit History
Tukayyid & The Wolves
On Tukayyid, the 282nd was deployed with the rest of the 10th Army to defend Clan Wolf's primary target city of Skupo, this after the 138th division, Bane's Bandits were decimated by the Thirteenth Wolf Guards.   
With the 282nd held back as a reserve division by 10th Army's commanding officer Precentor Margo Koivu, when the Wolves Fourth Wolf Guards, Third and Seventh Battle Clusters successfully pushed the main defensive line of 166th and 278th Divisions at Forest's End back, the Clan Wolf forces proved hesitant to follow when the Com Guards retreated towards Skupo. Suspicious that her troops could withdraw so easily, Koivu ordered recon patrols be stepped up as a precaution, but to no avail.   
The ComStar forces finally discovered why, with Khan Natasha Kerensky's 13th Wolf Guards launching a series sweeping attacks to try and completely bypass the 166th Division's section of the retreat. Desperately ordering the 282nd to delay and push Kerensky's Wolf Spiders back to allow the rest of the retreating Com Guard forces to reach the target city, while battered the elite Wolf troops brutally tore the veteran division to shreds. While incredibly costly, the 282nd did succeed in their mission and their sacrifice allowed the remaining divisions of the Tenth Army to fall back to their defensive positions outside Skupo.  
Despite its valiant efforts against the Wolves, with almost all its equipment lost and so few of the unit's members left alive, Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht elected to disband rather than rebuild the 282nd, transferring its survivors to other units. 
- As of 3050 the commanding officer of the Division was Precentor IV Vincent Wollam He had fought against Natasha Kerensky during the Marik Civil War.
282nd Division (Clear Thoughts IV-rho)
- Note - Unit was rated as being Veteran Skilled.
The 282nd is not present in further listings, all three sourcebooks for the Battle of Tukayyid mentions the unit taking heavy damage or torn apart. Its unclear as of this writing if the unit was disbanded or was outright destroyed, its fate listed here based on conjecture.
- Tukayyid (scenario pack), p. 18 - article includes that the ComStar forces are Combined Armed units.
- 20 Year Update, p. 71 10th Army V-nu - Unit deployment history shown.
- Tukayyid, p. 90, "Campaign: Clan Wolf"
- ComStar, pp. 71-72 "Battle of Tukayyid"
- Wolf Clan, pp. 50-51 "Days of Armageddon - Wolf"
- Lost Destiny, p. 256
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 72 - 282nd's actions mentioned in newer sourcebook, but unit no longer listed.
- 20 Year Update, p. 71 ComStar Deployment Table as of 3050 - Unit Commander listed.
- Lost Destiny, p. 285
- 20 Year Upate, p. 71 ComStar Deployment Tables as of 3050 - Unit's listed as being with the 10th Army on Tharkad.