3rd Attack Cluster (Clan Smoke Jaguar)
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|3rd Attack Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3050)|
|Parent Formation||Beta Galaxy|
The 3rd Attack Cluster was a front line military formation of Clan Smoke Jaguar.
The 3rd Attack Cluster was one of two Clusters  from Beta Galaxy to drop on to Turtle Bay in March 3050. After two hours of fighting against the 362nd Assault Cluster the defenders broke and retreated to the city of Edo, before being hunted down and forced to surrender. Among the prisoners was Hohiro Kurita the heir to the Draconis Combine. The Jaguars held Kurita and the other prisoners in Kurushiiyama, Pain Mountain, in Edo, a facility legendary for having only one escapee in the time the Internal Security Force ran it. That man, the yakuza oyabun of the Ryugawa-gumi, directed efforts to free Hohiro. Meanwhile the campaign had turned into horrific guerilla warfare in the streets and sewer systems of the city, with local criminal gangs supporting the Kuritan troops still at large. After weeks of street fighting and bloody reprisals a prison break was attempted. Using escape tunnels built into the prison at the behest of the local yakuza, Hohiro was freed by Chu-i Shin Yodama on 7 May 3059. The 3rd Attack Cluster only then learned the identity of their prisoner and desperately started a search. This was thwarted at every turn by Yakuza cells setting bombs and traps. The situation became so bad that a crowd of civilians rushed to capture to Indra Combat Vehicles that had been attempting to quell the violence in the market place. The failed attempt to capture the Indras left 500 dead. After this the 3rd Attack Cluster pulled out and the city, and the Galaxy Commander razed it using orbital bombardment from the WarShip Sabre Cat.
- Second Strike Star (5 OmniMechs)
- An Aerospace Trinary was reported on Turtle Bay but this may belong to the 362nd Assault Cluster.
- The Cluster does not appear on the Clan roster after May 3050 and it is possible that it was declared Dezgra and disbanded for its failures on Turtle Bay.
- Lethal Heritage, p. 122
- Clan Troops, p. 32-3
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 46
- Invading Clans, p. 55-6
- Era Report: 3052, p. 13 & p. 15, "Timeline of Events"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 63, "Hohiro Kurita"
- Lethal Heritage, pp. 65, 153-158, 185-186, 211-218, 269
- Invading Clans, p. 55