48th Battle (Clan Ghost Bear)
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Forty-eighth Battle Cluster|
|Unit Profile (as of 3048)|
|Parent Formation||Rho Galaxy|
Clan Ghost Bear had seized the Tokasha MechWorks from Clan Hell's Horses in the thirtieth century, leaving the Niles Industriplex Alpha as the main Hell's Horses BattleMech production facility; the Hell's Horses had their Alpha Galaxy defending the Industriplex, with their forces led by Khan Lair Seidman, and after a ferocious battle the Hell's Horses were victorious, although not before both sides had taken damage. One of those killed in the fighting was Khan Seidman, who was replaced by Malavai Fletcher, an Elemental injured in the battle who developed a strong hatred of the Ghost Bears and who spent his years as Khan acting as a persistent thorn in the side of the Bears.
The Forty-eighth was so badly damaged in the Trial that it was disbanded, with the survivors folded into a new unit, the 300th Battle Cluster; in a twist of fate, the 300th would come to be commanded by skilled MechWarrior captured from the Hell's Horses at Niles and made a bondsman.
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 91, "Rho Galaxy (Bear Essentials)"