4th Amaris Legionnaires
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Read more →
|4th Amaris Legionnaires|
|Unit Profile (as of 2590)|
|Parent Formation||Amaris Legionnaires|
The Fourth Amaris Legionnaires were garrisoned on Gwynedd in the Apollo Province of the Rim Worlds Republic when a civil war erupted in the Rim Worlds Republic in 2575, with the factions polarised around those loyal to First Consul Gregory Amaris and those loyal to the Rift Republican Army and the Rim Provisional Government. At some point in 2575 a local Baron named Daffyd Ap Brendan arranged to have the senior officers of the Fourth assassinated, and replaced with cronies loyal to himself.
The Star League eventually decided to intervene in the civil war in support of Gregory Amaris, and in 2579 assembled Task Force MAILED FIST to help secure Amaris' control over the Rim Worlds Republic. A multinational force headed by the Star League Defense Force, Task Force MAILED FIST was responsible for executing Operation MAILED FIST, the name given to the military intervention. The first wave of attacks focused on securing significant worlds near Apollo, until a destructive raid on Alarion by the 4th Amaris Fusiliers in retaliation prompted the SLDF to alter its initial strategy for the campaign, the focus shifted to reducing Rim Worlds Army concentrations throughout the Republic and the capture of key worlds.
In late 2584 the SLDF changed tactics again; a number of major RWA units had been destroyed or captured, and the focus for the campaign shifted to capturing worlds of strategic importance, but the campaign was slowed by the greatly increased resistance offered by the RWA and local civilian populations, prompted by atrocities performed by the Draconis Auxiliary Corps when they captured Nightwish in mid-2584.
General Nathan Isaacson of Battle Group Apollo assigned a division from VI Corps, the Sixteenth Mechanized Infantry Division, to the conquest of Gwynedd in 2590. The Sixteenth arrived on Gwynedd in April 2590 to discover Baron Ap Brendan in control of the planet and the Fourth Amaris Legionnaires and professing his loyalty to the Amaris family. However, despite Baron Ap Brendan's protestations to the contrary, the local population was actively rebellious; Ap Brendan insisted that he wasn't willing to fight against the SLDF, the arrival of the Sixteenth quickly caused fractures amongst the population of the planet and the Fourth Legionnaires, shortly followed by open conflict as both split along various factional lines. The net result was an eleven-month peacekeeping operation to try and seperate the various warring camps and restore order.
- During the Reunification War the Fourth Legionnaires receive a -1 penalty to all repair rolls as a consequence of the disruption caused to the logistical infrastructure of the Rim Worlds Army during the Rim Worlds Republic civil war.
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 135-136, "Illium to Barcelona (March 2589 - August 2591)
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 130, "The Spark"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 132, "Case Apollo"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 133, "Island Hopping (2582 - November 2590)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 134, "Arlina to Viborg (December 2584 - September 2588)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 153, "Rim Worlds Republic Front (2588-2596)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 131, "The Rim Worlds Army Loyalties"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 183, "Rim Worlds Republic"