4th Andurien Rangers
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- Read more →
|Fourth Andurien Rangers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3145)|
|Parent Formation||Andurien Rangers|
The Fourth Andurien Rangers formed in 3079. At their core was the most recent class of graduates from the Humphreys Training Academy who piloted assault 'Mechs. The Fourth moved between garrison postings on Sadurni and Lurgatan. By 3085 the unit had expanded into a battalion sized formation. Their commander, Colonel Steven Humphreys, began trying to re-cast the Fourth into his vision of the perfect military unit. Unfortunately he was unable to delegate effectively and the morale of the Fourth dropped rapidly. In fact, the Colonel's behavior was so disliked that the soldiers of the Fourth engaged in passive resistance, completing his orders at the slowest speed possible.
Unlike other Andurien Ranger units, the Fourth typically organizes its companies in random arrangements to confuse enemy forces. This worked when the Fourth faced the Third Oriente Hussars. The Hussars thought the Rangers were an irregular unit instead of a formal ADF unit. They were stationed on Fagerholm in 3145.
- CO: Colonel Steven Humphreys
Fourth Andurien Rangers (1 Battalion/Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Burl Burton
The unit's logo in 3085 was a wolverine.
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 12
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 80
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 112
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 117, "Free Worlds League Military - Andurien Defense Force"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 91, "Andurien Defense Force"