5th Robinson Chevaliers
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Fifth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Riders of St. George|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Fifth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Fifth the chivalric order was associated with St. George, and the Fifth were known as the "Riders of St. George". Members of the Fifth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
One of the traditions maintained by the Fifth was the expectation that every member of the unit would master a fencing disipline of one kind or another; not only did every MechWarrior within the command pride him or herself on their swordsmanship, any who failed to master a displine soon found their career in the regiment cut short.
Fifth Robinson Chevaliers (Regular/Reliable)
- The Fifth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Fifth appears to have been named after an order dedicated to St. George, but with various orders having been created over the centuries under the name Order of St. George or a variation thereof it is unclear which was the inspiration for this regiment.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"