7th Army (Star League)
- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
Commanded by the Army Headquarters on Sadurni, the 7th Army was one of three light Armies within the SLDF; both the 7th and its sister Armies, the 5th Army and 6th Army, were structured as light Armies with just three corps, a reflection of the densely-packed but relatively small area of space covered by the Capellan Confederation compared to the other Star League member states.
The Seventh was for many years considered a "sunset" assignment. Responsible for a relatively quiet area of the Star League, officers and units assigned to this army rarely saw combat. Therefore, many officers were transferred into the Seventh as their last assignment before retiring. This resulted in many aggressive officers asking for their units to be transferred to other armies. To stem the tide of reassignment requests, the RepDep Corps started posting officers and soldiers who were at the bottom of the evaluation lists to the Seventh. This continued until Commanding General Aleksandr Kerensky relieved the commander of Seventh Army and ordered the RepDep Corps to deny any transfer requests unless it was approved by a Major General or higher officer. The command staff was replaced by several aggressive officers from the 19th Army, who were determined to whip the unit into shape.
The 7th Army saw little combat during the Star League era, being responsible for the Confederation's border with the Free Worlds League; that changed when the Periphery Uprising began, with both the 6th and 7th Armies being called forward as reinforcements for the battered SLDF Armies within the Periphery. The 7th expected to be deployed into the Magistracy of Canopus, but instead found itself being deployed into the Taurian Concordat alongside the 6th Army; the resulting campaign would see the 7th lose five Divisions and an Independent Regiment in combat, with a sixth Division subsequently being disbanded. While this damage was relatively moderate compared to the overall size of the 7th Army, the bulk of the casualties were inflicted on LVIII Corps, which was effectively destroyed.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Army (Star League)|
- General Nguyen Huong was conduction an inspection tour of Seventh Army's area of responsibility, and was working hard to develop a good relationship with the Capellan nobility. They viewed him as a gentlemen, and he had received assurances that the CCAF units they commanded would support his units in an emergency.
Different per Unit.
Corps of the 7th Army
- LIII Corps
- LXXI Corps
- 4 BattleMech Divisions
- 6 Infantry Divisions
- The Star League, p. 152
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 43, "Seventh Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 95