8th Perdition Guards
- The Succession Wars and so much more…
- MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Announced With Stock ‘Mech Restriction
- BattleTech Devs Talk About Making Game On A Budget
- Catalyst's BattleTech Lead Brent Evans Interviewed On Upcoming Box Sets
- Harmony Gold vs. BattleTech - An Actual Lawyer Weighs In
- Read more →
|Eighth Perdition Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||The Ball and Chain|
|Parent Formation||III Corps|
|Formed||Star League era|
The local militia brigade known as the Perdition Guards originated in the Perdition Union region of the Taurian Concordat, with the brigade expanding as the Concordat colonised systems between the Badlands Cluster and the Hyades Cluster during the Star League era.
With the revocation of the Council Edict of 2650 the Taurian Defense Force began rebuilding openly in earnest, and III Corps - destroyed during the Reunification War was rebuilt around the single surviving Pleiades Hussars regiment and the Pleiades Lancers, a second regiment spun off from the Pleiades Hussars during the 2620s. By 2765 three of the Perdition Guards regiments had been augmented through the addition of BattleMechs to their equipment, and those three regiments - the Fourth, Sixth and Eighth Perdition Guards were rolled into III Corps.
Whilst the performance of the Perdition Guards regiments varied, the Eighth's performance was suffering in the mid-2760s because of the regiment's posting to Tirabad, a quiet agricultural world. Despite the Eighth's equipment showing increasing signs of poor maintenance and the generally questionable state of battle-readiness displayed by the Eighth at the time, the TDF appeared relatively unconcerned by the regiment's performance.
Eighth Perdition Guards (Green/Reliable)
- At this point in time the Eighth was deployed to the Tirabad system.
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 25, "III Corps"