8th Robinson Chevaliers
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Eighth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Spearmen of St. Michael|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Eighth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Eighth the regiment was known as the "Spearmen of St. Michael"; members of the Eighth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
The Eighth had already stationed Mayetta for years without being involved in any notable combat action when a significant number of the regiment's technical staff were killed in a vehicular accident in either late 2764 or early 2765. The equipment care regime within the Eighth suffered as a result of the loss of so many technical personnel with a resulting decline combat readiness as equipment availability dropped. By mid-2765 the decline was significant enough that the AFFS High Command had placed the Eighth on a watch list, and the Eighth's low priority within the supply chain was seriously affecting morale within the regiment.
Eighth Robinson Chevaliers (Regular/Questionable)
- - The Eighth were stationed on Mayetta at this point in time.
- The Eighth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- There were or are several chivalric orders associated with St. Michael that may have been the inspiration for the Eighth Robinson Chevaliers; the most likely is perhaps the French Order of Saint Michael although other orders included the Portuguese Order of Saint Michael of the Wing.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Morale"