9th Robinson Chevaliers
|Ninth Robinson Chevaliers|
|Unit Profile (as of 2765)|
|Nickname||Swordsmen of Honor|
|Parent Formation||Robinson Chevaliers|
The Ninth Robinson Chevaliers was one of the regiments within the Robinson Chevaliers brigade of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns and took its unit name from a chivalric order that existed during the pre-industrial history of Terra; this was standard practise amongst units of the Robinson Chevaliers that formed prior to the massive expansion of the AFFS following the repeal of the Council Edict of 2650 in 2752. In the case of the Ninth the regiment was known as the "Swordsmen of Honor"; members of the Ninth identified closely with their chosen order, and even the newest recruits were expected to be able to name significant individuals and events from the history of the order.
The Ninth was an assault regiment that specialised in breaking sieges and in reducing fortifications.
Ninth Robinson Chevaliers (Veteran/Reliable)
- - The Ninth were stationed on Cartago at this point in time. The Ninth was an assault regiment with a permanently attached artillery battalion and a double wing of aerospace fighters, making it one of the larger units within the brigade.
- The Ninth Robinson Chevaliers and the other regiments of the brigade were presumably destroyed or disbanded during the Succession Wars.
- The Ninth appears most likely to have been named for the Swedish Order of the Sword founded in 1748.
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 16, "Robinson Chevaliers"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 3, "Strategic Update"
- Field Report: Federated Suns 2765, p. 17, "Regimental Status"