|Manufacturer||Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Fortune VII Endo Steel (quad)|
|Armor||Nimakachi Type 3|
|Engine||GM 315 XL|
|Communications System||Omicron 5000|
|Targeting Tracking System||Eagle Eye B-16|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Bishamon is named for one of the seven gods of fortune, particularly the god of warfare and warriors, and attempts to live up to its name through a mix of advanced construction techniques in order to save weight and advanced weapons systems to make it as effective as possible on the battlefield. The Bishamon is built on a lightweight Fortune VII Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a GM 315 XL engine that gives the Bishamon a ground speed of 118.8 km/h. While the Bishamon's high ground speed makes it a hard target to hit, the 'Mech carries ten and a half tons of Nimakachi Type 3 armor that provides adequate protection for the 'Mech's size. The Bishamon also has an extremely stable frame due to its quadrapedal chassis, at the expense of space available for weapons and equipment.
Weapons and Equipment
The Bishamon is clearly intended to engage its enemies at short to medium ranges. The Primary weapon on the 'Mech is a Shigunga MRM-20 launcher. This is backed up by a pair of Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers and two highly accurate Tronel XII Medium Pulse Lasers. While the 'Mech is vulnerable to long-range attacks, when engaged in close quarters the Bishamon is an extremely dangerous 'Mech to face.
- Introduced during the Jihad, the BSN-5KC is designed to be a partner to the 4K by featuring a C3 Slave Unit in its head. The design retains 2 of the original Medium Pulse Lasers in the side torsos, while the 'Mech's Medium-Ranged Missile Launchers are exchanged for a more accurate Snub-Nose PPC. A single ER Medium Laser has been added to the design to give it more long-range firepower. For defenses, the armor is slightly increased in the rear, while a Guardian ECM Suite is installed to enhance protection from sophisticated weaponry. BV (2.0) = 1,443
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 90-91, "Bishamon Profile"
- MUL online date for the Bishamon
- Combat Operations, p. 133
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 111
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 129
- Combat Operations, p. 124
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 112
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 131