- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||New Earth Trading Company|
|Use||Non-Combat Logistic Transport|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Hover (Large)|
|Top Speed||80 Km/h|
|Power Plant||Electric Fuel Cell|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||1,702 km|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 2 |
|Crew||3 (3 enlisted/non-rated)|
Based on the Terran Hegemony Supply and Support Services' BFFL (Behind Friendly-lines, Fixed Logistics) hover transport, New Earth Trading Company created their own version which was named the Buffalo. These transports are very simple and robust vehicles which are never intended to go near any sort of combat zone. Known for their high reliability and quiet transmissions, these vehicles have been kept in production since just after the fall of the Star league. Only with the loss of their quieter transmission technology during the Succession Wars has there been any noticeable change.
Equipment and Capabilities
- Drone Bomb
- First seen during the Marik Civil War the Buffalo Drone Bomb is a standard Buffalo equipped with a Drone Operating System and a ten ton Booby Trap. A remote operator directs the Drone Buffalo close to enemy locations, then detonates the Booby Trap. To insure it reaches the target, the Buffalo Drone Bomb is also equipped with three tons of BAR 5 armor and a Supercharger that allows it to sprint at nearly 100km/h. To maximize damage inflicted by an exploding Buffalo Drone Bomb, the remaining ten ton cargo bay is often packed with Machine Gun or SRM ammunition. BV (2.0) = 270
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 52, "BFFL Buffalo"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 66, "Buffalo BFFL Hovertruck"
- online date for the Buffalo
- Experimental Technical Readout: Succession Wars, Volume 1, p. 13, "Buffalo Drone Bomb"
- Buffalo Drone Bomb (variant) profile on MUL.