- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Albion Armor Works Gamma|
|Chassis||Type BIES-75 Light|
|Armor||Forging XK9 Ceramic Standard|
|Engine||Modified 375 Fusion XL|
|Communications System||Series B12 MultiFreq|
|Targeting Tracking System||Integrated Bravo-7|
|Heat Sinks||20 Double heat sinks|
The late 3050s and early 3060s saw the Absorption of Clan Burrock by Clan Star Adder. After the proof of collusion with the Bandit Caste, most Burrocks were eager to be rid of the taint of corruption. The Star Adders read this as a desire to join a more powerful Clan, so they were surprised when many former Burrocks clung to that identity. In order to appeal to them, the Star Adder leadership authorized a new BattleMech to honor them. The Burrock is a fast heavy 'Mech with incredible short-range firepower. Though its XL Engine leaves it somewhat vulnerable, the Burrock is protected by twelve and a half tons of armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The Burrock lacks any long-range firepower. It uses its speed to close with enemies as quickly as possible and overwhelm them with its devastating arsenal. Perhaps based on the Beta variant of the Stormcrow, the Burrock mounts a Model SH Ultra Autocannon/20 in one arm, while six Series 22a Heavy Medium Lasers are scattered throughout the rest of the 'Mech. Twenty double heat sinks cannot keep the 'Mech cool, though they try.
- MUL online date for the Burrock
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 127, "Burrock 'Mech Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 220
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 221
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Burrock.