- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Primary writing|| Ray Arrastia|
Randall N. Bills
Joshua K. Franklin
Ben H. Rome
|Cover artwork||Marco Mazzoni|
|Illustrations|| Jeff Porter |
|Publisher||Catalyst Game Labs|
|First published|| July 2, 2016 (PDF) |
September 23rd, 2016 (Printed)
|Era||Age of War to Dark Age|
|Series||Core Rule Books|
|Preceded by||Interstellar Operations|
Campaign Operations is the last of a series of core rule books written for BattleTech. The book is designed to allow players run their own Battletech military campaigns for either Mercenary or regular Army units of the Houses the Inner Sphere and the Clans. The book provides advanced rules to a maintaining and running a military combat units a and campaigns creation. The book capable with various game types which includes; Alpha Strike, Total Warfare, Chaos Campaign, A Time of War.
Campaign Operations offers rules that can be used for any type of campaign a player or group wishes to include. Gives the players tools allowing for creating a force, creating personas that would be command the unit, and more.
From the back cover
Forces Across the Stars!
|“|| Forge your forces and prepare to fight any battle across the Inner Sphere! Campaign Operations completes the core rulebook series begun in Total Warfare. While previous rulebooks detailed game play at various levels—from a single MechWarrior, to a BattleMech company, to entire armies—this final volume focuses on the forces a player will build and run through any level of play.
Interstellar Operations contains rules for running an entire faction’s military as a player tries to conquer numerous solar systems, including rules for how to conduct warfare through any of the various scales represented within the core line of rulebooks. Finally, perhaps one of the most anticipated portions of the book, the Alternate Eras section introduces a huge swath of rules for playing across the thousand years of BattleTech history, including weapons and equipment mostly unique to a given era, such as complete rules for building and playing with LAMs.
- STAGE 1: DEFINE THE FORCE
- STAGE 2: SELECT FORCE SIZE
- STAGE 3: PROCURE EQUIPMENT AND HIRE PERSONNEL
- STAGE 4: DETERMINE OPERATING EXPENSES
- OPTIONAL CONSTRUCTION RULES
- HIRING AND CAMPAIGNS
- ADDITIONAL RULES
- FORMATION BUILDING BASICS
- UNIT ROLE
- LANCES, STARS AND LEVEL IIS
- COMPANIES, BINARIES AND BEYOND
- SPECIAL PILOT ABILITIES
- SPECIAL COMMAND ABILITIES
INNER SPHERE AT WAR CONVERSIONS
SOLAR SYSTEM GENERATION
- COLONY CREATION
- CAMPAIGN BACKGROUND
- WEBBING THE CAMPAIGN
- SCENARIO HOOKS
- MISSION WRAP UP
- NARRATIVE AND MAP-BASED CAMPAIGNS
- FINAL TIPS & TRICKS
- CAMPAIGN SCALE
- RULES COMPLEXITY
- CAMPAIGN SETUP
- PLAYING/RUNNING THE CAMPAIGN
- WINNING THE CAMPAIGN
- OPTIONAL RULES
CUSTOM CHAOS CAMPAIGN CREATION
- HOW TO USE THE CHAOS CAMPAIGN RULESET
- CUSTOM CHAOS: BUILDING YOUR OWN CAMPAIGN
- BUIDING A TRACK
RECORD SHEETS & TABLES
Initially when conceived, the contents of this book was suppose to have been part of previous Interstellar Operations rule book, but this was considered to be too large and expensive of a book when combined. Thus Campaign Operations became the second volume of the Interstellar Operations.