- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Dortmein Wagons, Ltd.|
|Use|| Mobile Hospital |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Primitive)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Wheeled (Medium)|
|Top Speed||86 kph|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||1,176 km|
|Crew|| 15 |
Designed in the 24th Century, the Carter Medical Emergency Response Vehicle (abbreviated as Carter MERV) was an Age of War era mobile hospital unit. These vehicles were originally produced by the Dortmein Wagons, Ltd on Arcturus.
The Carter MERV was part of the evolution of the 20th Century's MASH units that were used by Terran armies during conflicts such as World War II. Instead of an organized medical unit using tents, the Carter utilizes "pop-up" features which allows its main body to expand to provide a medical treatment area. The vehicle operated in fleets of two to ten units to provide for fully functional frontline medical unit. The Carters would be used to supplement DropShips which would be dedicated as hospital vessels.
These vehicles became highly successful at their mission, and they would remain in service until after the dawn of the Star League era, where they would be phased out by more modern build vehicles.
Equipment and Capabilities
Constructed with what would be known as Primitive Technology, the vehicle is similar to contemporary Wheeled Support Vehicles. Powered by an internal combustion engine, the engine capable of allowing the vehicle to keep pace with a moving battle front with thousand kilometer fuel capacity. Its wheeled chassis is able to handle off-road terrain, with a hull that is protected by 2 tons of BAR-6 rate armor.
In its primary mission as a mobile hospital, the Carter features a full MASH unit, with two surgical theaters and four Paramedic stations. The vehicle is divided into four sections, with rear sections designed from triage to handle walking wounded.
- 2 tons - 1 Doors (Rear)
- MASH Truck
- Modern version of the Carter MERV.
The Design features include; Off-Road Chassis and Control Modifications, MASH Equipment (1 ton)
The Carter MERV has the following Design Quirks;
The image used for the Carter MERV was originally first used for the MASH Truck in Technical Readout: 3025.
- MUL Profile for the Carter Medical Emergency Response Vehicle (Standard) - Introduction Date
- Carter Medical Emergency Response Vehicle (Standard) - Battle Value 2
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 9, "Carter MERV" - Basic background for unit.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 9, "Carter MERV" - Stats and capacities of the Carter, including Design Quirks.