|Engine||GM 180 XL w/ Supercharger|
|Jump Jets||Luxor 2/Q-EX|
First produced in late fall of 3054, the Copperhead is a finely honed arena 'Mech.
The design rose to fame when Silver Dragons Stables MechWarrior Brendon Frazer piloted his Copperhead, the Silver Snake, into the Solaris Top Twenty prior to his untimely death. The Silver Dragons commissioned Solaris Arms to develop a new exclusive variant to try and repeat the feat, but the new model's expensive experimental weaponry forced them to allow sales to other interested parties. The Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery snapped up a number of the original CPR-HD-002 models. 
While not increasing the original model's meager four and half tons of armor coverage, Solaris Arms chose to replace the original Durallex plating with ArcShield Reflective Armor to enhance its endurance against the large volume of energy weapons carried by Arena 'Mechs. Already a relatively speedy design, the addition of a Supercharger enhanced its ground speed. Its extremely short jumping distance was neither improved nor removed, it was instead retained to expand a pilot's options in tight terrain. An extra Double Heat Sink, bringing the total to thirteen, is not enough to keep up with the increased heat produced by the CPR-HD-003's advanced laser weaponry. Allowing the designers to squeeze in the new systems, a cramped Small Cockpit is used, which is less of a liability in the short duration arena battles than on an actual battlefield. 
The Copperhead's main weapon is a Sutel Precision Line Medium X-Pulse Laser mounted in the left arm, backed up by three torso-mounted Diverse Optics ER Medium Lasers. A single Holly Streak SRM-4 in the right arm and a head-mounted Poland Main Model C Magshot provide a nasty surprise at close range with a ton of reloads carried for each.
- CPR-HD-002 - The original model lacked the CPR-HD-003's supercharger and small cockpit. Instead of the Reflective armor it was fitted with Ferro-Fibrous and carries only twelve heat sinks. The weapons loadout has been changed to four Medium Lasers, a Small Pulse Laser, a standard SRM-4, and a one-shot Streak SRM-2. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 763
- CPR-HD-004 - This version removes the jump jets in favor of one more ton of armor.BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 1,151
- ↑ MUL online date for the Copperhead
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 131
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 218
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 130
- ↑ This is a retcon from the original variant in Solaris: The Reaches. See CPR-HD-002 Copperhead.
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 217
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 219